Our flagship game offers a starting cash jackpot of $250,000 that keeps growing until it's won!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Mark six numbers from 1 through 40 on a Lotto playslip using black or blue ink only. You can play up to five different sets of numbers on each playslip (A-E). Each Lotto play costs $1.
2. Mark the Quick Pick box on the Lotto playslip to have your numbers randomly generated for you on each board.
3. Simply ask the retailer for a Lotto Quick Pick -- up to 10 plays on one ticket.
4. You may play the same sets of numbers for 2, 3, 4, 5, 10 or 20 consecutive draws by marking the appropriate MULTIDRAW box on the playslip. Or, when purchasing a Lotto Quick Pick, ask the retailer for the number of drawings you want to play, up to 20 drawings.
Check your playslip carefully. Lotto tickets cannot be cancelled.
Lotto drawings are held every Wednesday and Saturday except for Christmas Day. Make sure you buy your tickets for each Lotto drawing by 9:30 p.m. on the day of the drawing. Tickets purchased after 9:30 p.m. on drawing nights will be valid for the next drawing(s). Lotto winning numbers are displayed on participating television stations every Wednesday and Saturday night and updated on this website.
HOW TO WIN
Odds 1 in 3,838,380
Odds 1 in 18,816
Odds 1 in 456
Odds 1 in 32
|Overall odds of winning a prize are 1 in 30. |
* A pari-mutuel prize is determined by dividing the prize pool equally among the winners, and may vary for each drawing. Lotto is structured to average approximately $2,000 and $50 for the match 5 and match 4 prize levels respectively.
The jackpot prize is also a pari-mutuel prize and will be divided equally among all jackpot-winning tickets. If the jackpot is not won, the prize is carried over and added to the jackpot prize pool of the next drawing.
Refer to Lotto Game Directive for complete rules.
Click to view General Rules for all Drawing Games.
NOTICE: Every effort has been made to ensure that the preceding list of prize payouts, odds, and other game information provided on this page is correct.
However, in the event of an error, the official files of the Louisiana Lottery shall be controlling.